Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Restore and Rededicate

It's the last day of Channukah when I post this. It's been a very low key but nice year for remembering the rededication of the Temple and the festival of Lights. It's the first year my brother and his family came to celebrate with us. It's so nice to have other kids for our children to enjoy.
Because it was all kind of a learning experience for my brother's kids, we let them do the candle lighting,etc. It was really nice to get to see genuine reactions.
My boys love their Snyder cousins. Group hugs at the door, usually last some 10 mins or more. I'm shocked they don't hurt each other more often.
Of course gifts and such are exchanged. My MIL had us over for a nice dinner and gift giving time this week also. It was so nice to relax and not have to do all the prep work. She was very considerate and it was really a relaxing time.
The 8 days are closing as the sun sets... our family is mostly laid up with the cold but I have to admit ... I'm more into it now than I was a week ago.
Enjoy whatever you celebrate and may you be changed for having spent time with others doing so.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Beautiful. So nice to be reminded of the celebrations.
Your boys are very lucky to have cousins close to the same age.
Happy Birthday Miciah!