Monday, April 14, 2008

AHEA and more..

WEll... I'm home from our annual trek to AHEA. The next school year is decided, books bought and this year is winding down, slowly.

I am happy that this was the year I had to purchase the LEAST amount of books. More of what Bethany has used in the past is being used again for the boys and we're doing Sonlight Core 5 with everyone. My one stumbling block is stilll Bethany's math for next year. I'm looking at a tutor but ... the cost is making it hard to know what to do.

The Maxwells were great speakers. Sometimes I felt a bit overwhelmed looking at their lives compared to mine but I know I'm NOT them so ... I need to find what works best for my family. I'm ONCE AGAIN trying to do a schedule and chore managing so I can do less "policing" of chores this next year. Cross your fingers.. this is NOT my strength. (Eat the meat, spit out the bones.)

Okay... feeling like there's tonnnesss to do before our facilitator comes this week and yet.. somehow I'm NOT worried. The kids look forward to showing him all their work and he's a very gracious man. We enjoy having him here.

I best run. I have chores to police.
Back to real life.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

It was a great time. Always need to talk about school at this time of year. Wish we could have visited longer. Maybe they could make AHEA a week-long retreat in the future :)