Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ode to the Power Washer

Oh Power Washer
What power you hold
to wash away the dirt
we drug in when it was cold.

Your power over me
to distract me is complete
I start in the laundry room,
but end up washing the street.

It started out so innocent you see.
The mat from the entrance way needed a cleaning
I thought that was simple
but that was just the beginning.

Next came the rugs from all over this house,
that dirt had to, just had to get out.
Then sideing was dirty, the wagon, the porch.
I mean washing is what this machine's all about.

After hours of washing, my toes are all wrinkled.
Everything's wet,
everything's crinkled.
I haven't even finished the entry way yet!!!

Oh to the inventor of the Power washer,
how like duct tape it is.
It fixes everything, addicting,
distracting and HIS!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

ha ha !!!!!!

I love it mom!

how long did it take to do that one?

Mary Lynn said...

delightful!! :-)

Kathy said...

Did you just write an ode to your power washer? Does your husband know? LOL.
Hey if you love cleaning that much, you can come to my house...really!

JungleGirl said...

Wellllll... Kathy, the problem was that my house didn't get cleaned... the OUTSIDE got cleaned and various random things got cleaned but when I got inside.. it was still a big mess. HMMMM...