Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Count your Blessings Every Day

I was watching Larry King Live the other night and he was interviewing a lady, famous enough to be on LKL but not so famous that I'd remember who she was. She'd written a book about the physical and psychological affects of gratitude on the outcome of people's health and lives. It was kind of interesting.
One of the exercises she recommended was that you keep a running list that you go over everyday and add to. A list of blessings in y our life. Anything! All situations, even bad ones, have some blessing there. Look for it.
People who do this tend to be able to come through crisis better, enjoy life more, have better health and are just more apt to deal with all of life better.
This is not really news. But it is a good reminder. My kids are working on their blessing lists today... I better get started on mine. You can check mine in the side bar as it grows and changes.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I agree, and it is a good disapline to try and make a habit. I think we may get better at this with age, I know I am...thanks. :)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Umm....heeeeelllllo? Where am I on that list? LOL!

Mary Lynn said...

Excellent reminder! :-)