Thursday, August 23, 2007

Magnetic attractions

I worked so hard to make my school room ready. Now it's a bigger mess than ever. When I'm done it'll look just as it did before I started BUT it will have a magnetic attraction.
All the grey area is "magnetic creations" wall paint. It makes that area of the wall able to hold magnets. I will paint our wall color over it. It's a huge job since it's like painting with stucco, thick and tires your arm quickly. You need several coats to make it hold heavier objects. It s a work in progress but I know I'll be happy to have it when I'm done. Less mactac and things falling down. No more tacks. Fun timelines and posters to hang.
I'll show you when we're done.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I thought you were just ORGANIZING your school room. Thats a big job. Have you tried the magnets on it??
That is just so you, you are going to love it!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Cool! A whole magnetic wall? What a neat idea. I could use a whole wall of dry-erase board!

JungleGirl said...

Yes.. tried the magnets and got some rare earth ones to hold posters and things. It's lots of fun but alot of work to do it. I look forward to it being cleaned up.
Magnetic wall all around the top for a timeline... then around where our white board is for posters and helpers. Hubby hates tack holes so magnets don't do that. We also have the magnetic dry erase board.. got it at a garage sale.. $25 .. smile. Big one.