Thursday, June 5, 2008

Barn wood benches

Due to the constant drain on our finances and the need for a creative outlet, I have decided I'm going to have a great yard this year and we're going to do some interesting things with "recycling". Junk in some people's vocabulary can be pretty cool with some creativity and the right tools. I'm thinking the right tools may pose a problem at times but with the help of friends and family I intend to have some great creations by the end of this summer.

Last week my MIL aquired some old wood from a torn down barn. Now this is something I AM surprised about. I thought people would be happy to get rid of the pile of wood, found out... lots of people charge good money for that stuff. Anyways, I managed to get a good number of boards for free. I'm surfing the web... looking for a good plan for this lumber. I want a bench to put under my tree and that I can enjoy with a very... VERY rustic feel to it. I've aquired a few tree stumps too. The plan has not come together yet, I'll keep you up dated. Here are some ideas I found on the web.

Feel free to vote for your favorite.











No comments: