Thursday, June 26, 2008

An old pile of barn wood

The day had already dawned, but it was still early for human rising. Dad got up early and prepared for the day. I woke later (7am) to say, I'm really going to be a help today. Dad went for the table saw rental, while I made the oatmeal, yelled at the kids to get up and dressed for the day. I went for the screws and brackets while dad figured out how the machine worked. So it was 9am by the time creative juices were flowing. It was noon by the time the creature started to take shape. It rained, alot! I had to run to the west end for a math tutor session. We had to rush supper for our newest football player .. and still... through it all, I learned to build a bench.
I used the table saw, the skill saw, power drills and various unnamed gadets. Fun!
Here's my dad
Here's our creation
Here's our victory over a pile of old barn wood.




No comments: