Sunday, June 8, 2008

Picking Ditches

It rained, off and on. I prefer that weather to very hot for picking trash out of the ditches. Bethany's dance group is raising money by picking up trash on the ditches of the highway. It was hard work. We started out at 9:30am and our group ended at 4:30. Sore feet, sore backs, sore everything. Its been a long time since my body was THAT tired.

I tried to find catagories for the strange, bizzare and interesting things we found.

Most religious item: a wooden cross with "findthetruth.com" on it.
Most healthy items: Dental floss and milk container
Most helpful to the task: unused garbage bags
Most patriotic item: a small Canadian flag
Most personal item: sorry, can't this is a family blog

Here are some interesting "other" things; Large pieces of car engines, 4 sausages, crazy glue, light switch, licence plate, gloves, underwear, towels, a boot, a shirt, a wrench, dead dog, some other unidentified road kill, and several things I've forgotten.

The top three items found most often" 1. cigarette butts, 2. Tim's cups, 3. cigarette boxes

It is interesting to think what senerio brought some of those items to be at the side of a road...
things that make you go "hmmmmm?".

3 comments:

Bethany said...

LOL!
I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(most personal item that is ...)

Kathy said...

That is hilarious!! I heard that it was also raining, how (not) fun. Glad that your sense of humor was out that day! Out here I just find actual garbage bags, like a ditch full of four or five cause they were too lazy to go to the dump..oh, and some Mags, yup that kind.
:)

beloved said...

I wish I could have been there! I wanted to help! :(