Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Any Questions?

Okay this is not news ... I knew better but old habits die hard and ... I asked.

I'm reading the boys the story of David and Saul, the part where Saul throws javelins at David for playing beautiful music because an evil spirit sent by God comes over Saul from time to time. Saul has jealously issues and the singing girls make up better songs about David.

After I do the questions to make sure you were paying attention routine...
That's when it slipped out. I thought something might be confusing in all that. There it was:
"Any questions?"

M: "What's a nozzle?"
J: "Oh that's easy. It's a book."
I decide to keep quiet and see where this conversation goes since Josiah's vast knowledge and great confidence in big brotherly wisdom is soaring to it's peak.
M: "Like a Search and Find book? or a Sticker book?"
J: "No, don't you know anything .. it's a chapter book with no pictures. It's a story."
M: "So? What's a nozzle?"
J: Rolls his eyes, slaps his forehead and mutters "Do not return evil with evil.". (big sigh)... "Oh, ask mom."

I'm still not sure if they were wanting the definition of a nozzle or a novel. I'm sure neither of those words were in the story and I know this has nothing to do with David and Saul ... but I did say ANY questions.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Josiah says "don't return evil with evil" ALL the time!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That is PRICELESS!

Mary Lynn said...

...absolutely perfect!