Thursday, June 28, 2007

Prefectly Glum

Wednesday was the "Out and About" Gang's day at the Nickel farm... The weather was perfect. The kids did really well and it was a very relaxing, yet active day. I think all in all, it went well.
In contrast, today? Hmmm .. I can't seem to accomplish a thing. I'm desperately trying to get my school room re-organized. I'm trying to find a home for many things that seem homeless and therefore "free float" around the house. This must end.
The weather is .. there is no word but "glum" for it. It's not doing anything wrong .. but it's not helping matters any. The kids are inventing things to ask about. Everything I pull out to evaluate becomes something of interest and usually becomes some form of conversation. When I send them away .. they fight. I become judge at this point.
Slowly things are going back into the school room...
slowly things are getting cleaned ..
but not as I had hoped.
Can't I just have the perfect weather, a drink and a deck chair ... like yesterday?

2 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Today I have the flu, so I have to admit that I loved this dismal day. Matches my mood. :-)

Kathy said...

Glad the farm day went well.Sounded like a nice day...wish I was there. (I was at emerg for half the day! Read a book! that always makes me feel better, I also feel like I acomplished something...(sick eh?)