Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Beer Umbrella's new Clothes

Maybe it's never happened to you, but it happened to me. Somewhere in the past, we acquired a beer umbrella. No one seems to remember the story of it joining our family but it's been the best sun shade we've ever had. I'd gladly have more of them. Still it is a beer advertisement and I've seen the sideways looks that come from some people who visit us when they see the words dangling above their heads. I see the questions dangling in their minds and I want to defend my dear beer umbrella. It keeps out the shade better than the other ones. It's a better made one. It's stronger. It's ... ummmm.... got ... words I can't really take off.

So for the third year in a row we've added to our fabric painting journey of our beloved beer umbrella. I think it's actually OVER done now. But ... the words do still show and well... now it looks like we tried TOO hard. Still,
It's my favorite. Not elegant or showy. It still works the best and I'm on the look out for more of the same kind, the kids have run out of umbrella to personalize.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That is a cute family memory. I'll have to check it out next time.

Mary Lynn said...

Great job! Looks like fun! A personalized umbrella - what a perfect idea. :-)