Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Do the Task in Front of You.

The sun rose early and I knew it was time to head off to the gym. More than grey was filtered into my room, so there was hope for a day without rain. This looked as if it might be a productive day. The weather affects me more than I'd like to admit.
There's no "park" today so I'm free to set some plans.
My first visitor was a sick son. My second visitor was a puking son.... no gym for me, I guess. Hmmm.
Productive expectation just fell several points.
Re-working my plan. I decide I better take this day to empty my school room into boxes so I can evaluate and organize for next year. This gives me the summer to tweak things and I have a better idea of what needs to get done.
Boxes are made, and the games come down off the shelf. That's as far as we got. Making a mess.
Get those sheets into the wash.
I remembered that the rocks that are sitting on the grass will be there for sometime since Greg will not have time to work on that this week. The weekend is filled with Father's day activites and rain seems to be listed for every other day. We head out to the yard to load them all onto the patio. One job done!
While doing so, our friendly neighbour asks if we'd like to use a carpet cleaner he's rented and is done with. You have no idea.. this is an answer to prayer for me. For reasons I won't bore you with.. I just couldn't bring myself to ask hubby if I could get my carpets cleaned, so I don't. Now I get to do it for free! Well, for a trade. He wants a load of rocks and needs us to drive our truck so he can bring it home.
Get those sheets into the dryer.
Day changes... now I'm moving furnature and washing carpets. The house looks a mess!!! The boys need attention from time to time ... and well... Bethany and I are getting a work out!
Steam clean the van... wow that's a big one. Never knew how many fries made it to the floor.
Steam clean the truck seats .. the kids really need to clean the window writers off his windows.
Return the machine.
Feed some kids....
That means getting kids through the bedtime routine while there are friends still playing outside (a summer drawback).
I think I've accomplished quite a bit today... though none of it was what I planned when I got up. It'll be so nice to have clean carpets!!
Make those beds and change the fans that are drying the carpets.
Time to re-load the furnature back into the rooms!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

wow, thats amazing Von. And what a lot of work. Really need to do that here...Hmmm maybe a week when some extra feet are gone.