Tuesday, June 26, 2007

One Hole of Golf

How great it is to have one hole of golf!
Grandma MJ bought Josiah a hole of golf for his birthday. Today we sunk it into our backyard grass. This motivated us to cut the grass and then weed eat it really close around the hole.
The boys took the putters and golf balls were flying around.
So far, no major injuries.
Praying for no broken windows.
My hopes are set on the idea that if we saturate them with healthy, active things to do in our yard .. they will:
a. be less inclined to ask for computer time
b. have less of a magnetic pull to neighbourhood yards
c. work out more wiggles before bedtime
d. find constructive was to be creative
e. find myself a life of quiet contemplation.
Maybe that's alot to expect from one hole in my back yard, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like fun. We have a driving range in our back yard. They just stand at the top of the hill (by the garden) and shoot into the trees. Their parents MUST be crazy! I tink I'd rather have mini golf.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

You just never know what kids can do with a hole. Or some sand. Or ....well, anything. :-)

JungleGirl said...

Hmm well it's only a few days old.
Time will tell.