Wednesday, June 20, 2007

House

In a recent conversation about money, Josiah needed some guidance about what money was for. He thought that since he had more in his piggy bank than the neighbour boy that maybe he should just give him some. This and the Dollarama are the only thing that make sense when you've got paper money burning a hole in your piggy bank.

I assured him that it's better to save your money for something bigger and then you can buy when you need when you need it.
J: "But I don't need anything except what's at Dollarama"
Y: "I understand that you think that but really you will need a car and a house someday. So if you practice saving your money now, it will be easier for you when you need to buy those things later." (way over his head).
J: "But I don't want my own house. I want to live with you."
Y: "I'm glad you want to live with me. Someday when you grow up, though, you'll want to live with your own family and have your own house."
J: "Nope, my wife and I will want to live with you. I will get lonely, I don't want my own house."
Y: "I think you'll feel differently when you get older."
J: "Well maybe you could come live at my house?"

As you can see... over his head .. this conversation is not getting anywhere ..
but I know all too soon he'll be itching to get out on his own so ... for now..
I agree...
I don't want him to have his own house. I want him to live with me. I know I'll get lonely, I"ll miss my sonshine. So for now .. I'm saving up all the sonny memories I can for those days when he lives in his own house.

3 comments:

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Middle-Aged Moi said...

WOw. He loves his mommy....:-) My kids are scared about the prospect of leaving home. THey want to live with us forever too. But then how can we go and travel around the world?

Mary Lynn said...

I love that - sounds like my kids. Keep enjoying every moment!