Monday, June 25, 2007

That's what little boys are made of...

I'm a boy, I'm a boy
and I'm proud to be me!
What wonderful creations boys are. SO different from girls, so essential to life. So wonderfully reflective of a very special part of the image of God.
Boys love justice! Boys love challenges. Boys conquer nature and advertisty and thrive. Boys of all different personalities have a built in nature, to protect.
These are our great discoverers and explorers. Our natural born lovers of nature and inquisitive minds. Thrilled by the chase, thrilled by the challenge and thrilled by the unknown.
As a mom....
I'm learning every year to appreciate the heart of God shown in the difference between men and women. In raising boys, I'm learning to be proud of the difference. In the protective nature. The in-born sense of justice (that's not fair) and the great unquenched thrist of learning new adventures everyday, creativity. I'm learning to let go, laugh, smile and record some of the things that just make them "boys". I hope they will always be free to explore their boysness.

1 comment:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Yes, yes, yes! ALL TRUE! I loved that post, Yvonne! YOu hit the nail right on the head! Beautiful!